|Published:||Nov 25, 2013 3:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 25, 2013 3:09 PM EST|
ESTERO, Fla.- Florida Gulf Coast University was without email and internet services for much of the day, according to our partners at the News-Press.
According to vice president and chief of staff Susan Evans, the university was without these services as the result of equipment failure on campus since around 7:00 a.m.
Evans said this was unrelated to the Sprint outage.
A piece of computer equipment related to system storage failed, prompting the connectivity issue.
As of 2:30 p.m. Monday the replacement part had not yet reached campus, according to Evans.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash