|Published:||Nov 22, 2013 4:24 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 22, 2013 10:18 AM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is releasing the state's latest round of unemployment numbers.
Scott is scheduled on Friday to officially announce the state's September and October unemployment rate.
The September numbers were not released last month due to the partial federal government shutdown.
Florida's unemployment rate in August was 7 percent, a slight drop. But that same month the state actually lost nearly 5,000 jobs last after months of positive job growth
Scott has used the state's dropping unemployment rate as part of his re-election pitch for next year.
State economists, however, released an analysis this summer showing a reason for the unemployment decline has been people leaving the labor force or delaying their search for a job.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Keys refuge will fine owners of cats found roaming
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent