|Published:||Nov 22, 2013 10:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 22, 2013 10:23 AM EST|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Firefighters have rescued a dog that was trapped in a burning Jacksonville home.
Fire rescue officials say heavy smoke and flames were shooting from the attic when they arrived at the home Thursday. The homeowners escaped unharmed, but their dog Romeo was nowhere to be found.
Firefighters went inside the home and found the dog on the second floor.
Authorities say a space heater sparked the blaze. No one was injured, but The Florida Times-Union (http://www.ittybittyurl.com/2C14) reports the fire caused about $85,000 in damage.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)