|Published:||Nov 22, 2013 7:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 22, 2013 12:03 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - The motorcyclist involved in a crash Pine Island Road and Cultural Park Boulevard this morning has died from injuries sustained.
The Cape Coral Police Department has identified the motorcyclist as 22-year-old Joshua Edison Banner. They said he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Police said Banner was driving a 2003 Harley Davidson when he crashed into Ronald Boevers' Chrysler Town and Country van around 6:40 a.m. Boever was not injured, but Banner was ejected from the bike.
Witnesses said Banner was driving recklessly, changing lanes several times, was cutting off other vehicles, and not using turn signals as he approached Cultural Park Boulevard.
Banner was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital where he died at 8:06 a.m.
It is unknown if the crash was alcohol/drug related.
Police said there have been 16 traffic fatalities in Cape Coral in 2013.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend