|Published:||Nov 20, 2013 8:07 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 20, 2013 12:26 PM EST|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A man claiming to have a bomb at Jacksonville International Airport has been found incompetent to stand trial.
Authorities say Zeljko Causevic entered the airport Oct. 1 and claimed to have a bomb. His backpack contained a small luggage scale, batteries, a microchip and a cellphone. The airport evacuation stranded travelers on planes on the tarmac for hours.
Causevic was charged with conveying false or misleading information. The Florida Times-Union reports (http://bit.ly/1cGfttw ) that U.S. Magistrate Judge James Klindt ruled that Causevic suffered from "a mental disease or defect rendering him mentally incompetent" to stand trial.
Causevic will be placed in a mental health facility. According to court documents, his federal public defender would argue at trial that Causevic was insane when he claimed to have a bomb at the airport.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge