|Published:||Nov 20, 2013 4:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 20, 2013 5:01 PM EST|
ORLANDO- JetBlue flight 1266 from RSW to Boston was diverted to Orlando International Airport this afternoon, after the slide partially deployed into the front galley.
According to JetBlue, an emergency was declared out of precaution, and no one was injured.
OIA officials said 78 people were on board the plane with 74 of them being passengers, according to WKMG.
The aircraft landed safely at 3:45 p.m. and taxied to the gate, where customers de-planed from the rear door. The aircraft was taken out of service for further inspection.
Customers will be re-accommodated on another aircraft to Boston with an estimated scheduled departure of 5:00 p.m. local time, according to JetBlue.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott