|Published:||Nov 20, 2013 10:19 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 20, 2013 2:21 PM EST|
SEBRING, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in central Florida say two members of a U.S. Marshals task force have been shot and wounded while attempting to serve an arrest warrant in a cocaine trafficking investigation.
Robin Jean Guillaume, 29; Alex Guerrier, 29; Alphonsia Joycelyn Maxime, 23; Cleophas Antonio Brown, 43; Gipson LaPointe, 27 were all arrested in connection with this incident. The Highlands County Sheriff's Office said it has not yet been determined which of the suspects shot at the officers.
HCSO spokeswoman Nell Hays said the shooting happened about 6:00 a.m. Wednesday at a home in Sebring. Hays said one U.S. marshal and one St. Lucie County sheriff's detective assigned to the task force suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
Both were listed in stable condition at a hospital. Hays said one was undergoing surgery.
Hays said the suspects sought in the home were part of a broader investigation that resulted in six arrests on federal drug charges.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann