|Published:||Nov 19, 2013 10:05 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2013 11:00 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Families in need will be able to sign up for a free frozen turkey and fixings, and it's all happening thanks to your donations!
As part of the St. Matthew's House (SMH) tradition, community leaders and volunteers are preparing for what is expected to be the organization's largest Thanksgiving dinner giveaway to date.
SMH's 'Turkey & Groceries Sign-Up for Thanksgiving' will begin at 3p.m on Tuesday, November 19 - Thursday, November 21, 2013 at its headquarters location located at 2601 Airport Road South. The distribution of the turkeys/groceries will be at the same location on Monday, November 25.
Response from families in need was so high in 2012 that organization leaders estimate more than 1,000 birds will be handed out to meet the holiday demand.
Applicants need to bring the following: birth certificates for dependent children 17 or younger, a picture ID, social security cards for the members of the household and proof of disability (if applicable).
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean