|Published:||Nov 15, 2013 7:12 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 15, 2013 11:46 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- McGregor Blvd. west of San Carlos Blvd. is now back open after an early morning crash.
Two vehicles were involved in a head-on collision around 6:00 a.m., causing one to overturn.
The Florida Highway Patrol has identified the driver of the Kia Forte as 63-year-old Nancy Cowburn, and the driver of the Kia Soul as 62-year-old Richard Hamilton.
Cowburn sustained serious injuries, while Hamilton suffered minor injuries. Both were taken to Lee Memorial Hospital.
Hamilton was cited for not staying in his own lane, after failing to negotiate a curve, and slamming into Cowburn.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott