|Published:||Nov 15, 2013 8:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 15, 2013 8:08 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Deputies say a 33-year-old Orlando man fatally shot his wife, who was eight months pregnant with twins.
When deputies arrived at an apartment Thursday evening, Michael Boyce told them his 23-year-old wife Alexis Boyce had shot herself in the head. When confronted with more evidence, deputies say Boyce told them he accidentally shot her. He was arrested on first-degree murder charges and taken to the Orange County Jail. No attorney was listed for him.
One of the twin boys survived and was taken Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies. Alexis Boyce and the other twin were pronounced dead.
The woman's parents also lived in the apartment. Deputies say they were in their bedroom when the shooting occurred. The victim was found unresponsive in the living room.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms