|Published:||Nov 14, 2013 6:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 14, 2013 6:38 PM EST|
(FORT MYERS, Fla.) The 41st annual Fort Myers Boat Show is happening in downtown Fort Myers Thursday through Sunday.
Sales representatives said business is the best it's been in several years.
A tug boat salesman said his fuel-efficient vessels are more popular than they've ever been because they are more fuel-efficient than most boats.
One of the top-selling boats of the year, however, is also one of the most expensive. Van Dutch, which recently moved production operations to the United States from Holland, sells luxury boats starting at $695,000. Garry Tschetter, a factory representative for the company, said the popularity is a sign of better economic times.
"the boats are flying off the shelf," Tschetter said. "People are tired of not spending their money."
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- Cape Police investigate suspicious package overnight