|Published:||Nov 12, 2013 5:29 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2013 1:00 PM EST|
DUNK CITY, Fla. - The dunks rained down at Alico Arena Tuesday morning, as FGCU gets their first win of the season.
In the 13th and 14th hour of ESPN's 24-hour Tip-Off Marathon, the Eagles took care of business at home beating Harford 65-51.
At the end of the first half the Eagles lead by only a point, 27-26.
First year Head Coach Joe Dooley made some adjustments in the locker room and the Eagles easily pulled away in the second half. At one point, Senior Forward Chase Fieler had the same amount of points as Hartford's entire team. That number was 20.
Tip off was at 7:00 a.m., but students and Eagle fans were outside Alico Arena as early as 5:00 a.m.
Before the game, the Eagles raised their Sweet Sixteen banner. FGCU was the first 15 seed to reach the Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA Tournament.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool