|Published:||Nov 08, 2013 11:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2013 11:27 AM EST|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Four people are dead following a shooting inside a Jacksonville home.
Police say neighbors called police just before 11 p.m. Thursday after hearing multiple gun shots.
Jacksonville Sheriff's spokeswoman Melissa Bujeda says arriving officers saw two men and two women had been shot inside the home in Jacksonville's Murray Hill neighborhood. She says one victim was taken to the hospital but later died. The other three were dead at the scene.
Bujeda says investigators are searching for the shooter but didn't offer any further details.
Television stations report that police crews remained at the house on Friday morning. Investigators were canvassing the neighborhood looking for information.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's office at 904-630-0500.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause