|Published:||Nov 08, 2013 2:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2013 2:03 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral real estate broker Greg Eagle filed a motion to withdraw his guilty plea to bank fraud on Wednesday. According to the motion, Eagle now "believes a jury trial is in his best interest."
At the same time, Eagles' lawyers, Joseph Viacava and Wilbur Smith, filed a separate motion to withdraw from representing him further.
Eagle pled guilty to the charges in March, when Viacava and Smith agreed to take the case on the premise of a plea of guilty and sentencing based upon that plea, according to the motion.
Now that Eagle has changed his mind four days prior to sentencing, his attorneys believe his decision has "created conflicts," the motion says.
Judge John E. Steele ordered that the sentencing hearing continue as scheduled for Tuesday.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba