|Published:||Nov 06, 2013 3:46 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 06, 2013 3:46 PM EST|
SARASOTA, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office has arrested Krista Mosley, 27, for Child Neglect following an investigation involving her injured 6-month-old daughter.
Deputies were called to Sarasota Memorial Hospital on October 27, after the baby was brought in with cuts to her face and head. That day, detectives arrested 25-year-old Christopher Rounds for Aggravated Child Abuse after Mosley and another witness said he was under the influence of K2 and alcohol and the only person awake when the child was injured.
When speaking with detectives, Mosley admitted taking prescribed medication and drinking alcohol before falling asleep the night the baby was injured. A court-ordered urinalysis on October 28 showed Mosley was positive for amphetamines, cocaine and benzodiazepines. Detectives obtained a warrant charging Mosley with Child Neglect and she was taken into custody today in Lee County.
The baby has been released from the hospital and is in the custody of relatives.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo