|Published:||Nov 06, 2013 5:36 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 06, 2013 6:43 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Mike Whitley wasn't planning to come back to his Naples home for a few more days. But a call late Tuesday night changed that. That's because a man was stuck in his chimney.
"When you first get a call like that, you wonder if its a prank. At some point i may have asked that and they told me this is not a joke," said Whitley.
It wasn't a joke and it wasn't the man famous for entering chimneys. Naples Police said this man was actually stuck inside teh fire place, just above the damper.
"He probably didn't know much about chimneys because the damper prohibits anybody from getting in there," said Batallion Chief, Pete DiMaria with the City of Naples Fire Department.
You can see his foot dangling inside.
"It was hard for him to breathe," said DiMaria.
Fire fighters used a harness to pull him out.
"What a shock, it's strange, I never expected anything. Particularly in park shore, it's such a quiet peaceful neighborhood and for someone to do such crazy things like that."
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community