|Published:||Nov 06, 2013 8:54 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 06, 2013 10:41 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral Police Traffic Homicide Investigators have concluded their investigation into a fatal crash that killed the driver and critically injured the passenger back in September.
It happened on Sept. 7th in the 5600 block of Rose Garden Road. The investigation revealed the driver, Patrick Logue, had a blood alcohol content on 0.198 at the time of the crash, which is more than twice the legal limit of 0.08.
Logue died at the scene, as a result of the vehicle fire that occurred during the traffic crash. The passenger, Susan Reynolds, remains hospitalized in critical condition.
According to a police report, Reynolds has burns over more than 65 percent of her body and was taken to Tampa General Hospital.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses