|Published:||Nov 01, 2013 1:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2013 1:59 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is looking for the person responsible for a shooting that took place Thursday night, in the 12000 block of Fourth Street, at approximately 9:45 p.m.
The victim, a 39-year-old male, was found face-down on the ground, bleeding from his back.
According to the incident report, the man was shot in the back at least four times with an unknown weapon.
The victim was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital and allegedly told EMS personnel that he had been using narcotics before the incident.
The investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to call the SWFL Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477) or access http://www.swflcrimestoppers.org/. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Bill would make drug testing for candidates manditory