|Published:||Nov 01, 2013 3:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2013 6:49 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Two South Florida residents were airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital with serious injuries, after a single-vehicle crash on Alligator Alley around 2:00 p.m. The eastbound lanes of Alligator Alley, at mile marker 74, were closed down briefly, but have since reopened.
The Florida Highway Patrol has identified the driver of the Nissan 350 as Rae Ann Knight, 58, of Hollywood, Florida, and the passenger as Cinday Kay Coburn, 56, of Sunrise.
Knight was unable to maintain control of the car for unknown reasons, according to FHP.
It is unknown whether alcohol was a factor. The investigation continues.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man surrenders after lengthy situation in St. James City
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment