Published: Nov 01, 2013 8:56 AM EDT
Updated: Nov 01, 2013 11:51 AM EDT

CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Fire investigators have concluded their investigation into an early evening house fire on Halloween in Cape Coral.

According to Fire inspector David Webster, the Incident at 627 NW 1st Terrace caused an estimated $10,000 in damage and has been ruled as unintentional. According to the investigative report, the occupant Eric Creese was cooking and left the kitchen. He returned to find fire and smoke coming from a pan on the electric stove top. The occupant attempted to extinguish unsuccessfully then exited and called 911.

The family of three adults and six juveniles reside in the home but Mr. Creese was the only one home at the time of the emergency. The American Red Cross called to provide housing and emergency assistance. There were no injuries.

Fire damage was limited to kitchen, with smoke damage extending through much of the house. The power to the kitchen was disconnected by a licensed electrician but power to remainder of home remained uninterrupted.