|Published:||Oct 30, 2013 10:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 30, 2013 11:12 PM EDT|
Cape Coral, Fla. -- Lieutenant Michael Camelo retired Wednesday after 36 years with the Cape Coral Fire department.
That makes him the longest serving fire fighter in city history.
He says it's the firefighter brotherhood and helping others that he'll miss most. Camelo says "bottom line, I loved coming to work at the fire department every day. It had nothing to do with the money and it had nothing to do with the time that you had, it had everything to do with helping people out...and that in itself is rewarding."
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputy-involved shooting in LaBelle leaves one man dead
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- Man allegedly grabs undercover detective at public park
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- 'Eagle Fever' heating up for FGCU game
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released