|Published:||Oct 29, 2013 8:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2013 8:39 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fl. - Halloween is right around the corner and hopefully you have the perfect costume picked out. If trick or treating is on your agenda, Fort Myers Police officers want to make sure you're staying safe.
They're reminding drivers to slow down and be on the lookout for kids going door to door. Parents, make sure you have a route already planned for you and your kids. Local stores have other safety items on their shelves.
"Children should be well-lit while they're walking around of course glow sticks on the bags or the hips.... definitely walking around with your parents or with a friend," says Stephen LaRosa with the Halloween Megastore on Cleveland Avenue.
You should also check the candy you get trick or treating and remember to not eat anything that's unwrapped.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida