|Published:||Oct 29, 2013 10:00 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2013 2:43 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Cypress Lake High School fired head football coach Dale More Tuesday following what it called “an unfortunate display of unsportsmanlike conduct” by his players during Friday’s game with Mariner.
More, a 1994 graduate of Cypress Lake, was in his second season as the Panthers’ head coach and finished his tenure with a 1-17 record. Assistant coach Patrick McCarthy will take over on a interim basis for the final two games of the season.
Twenty-six Cypress Lake players are suspended pending an FHSAA review of Friday’s game against the Tritons, which officials ended with 3:06 remaining because of consecutive unsportsmanlike conduct penalties by the Panthers. A number of Cypress players had to be restrained from going after their opponents following the game, which Mariner won 17-16.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.