|Published:||Oct 28, 2013 12:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 28, 2013 12:00 PM EDT|
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - First Lady Michelle Obama is coming to Walt Disney World.
Disney officials said Monday that the First Lady will be the keynote speaker at a veterans' event next month at the theme park resort.
The Nov. 14 event called "Veterans Institute" is encouraging companies to hire former service members.
The featured speakers include Disney chairman Robert Iger and officials with the U.S. Army, the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Labor.
Company representatives at the conference will learn the best ways for recruiting veterans and easing them into working in a civilian workplace.
Disney's own program for hiring veterans has surpassed an initial goal of hiring 1,000 veterans by 2015. The company now wants to hire another 1,000 veterans in the next two years.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend