|Published:||Oct 28, 2013 9:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 28, 2013 9:25 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, FL - Cape Coral councilman Chris Chulakes-Leetz says a private conversation between him and the interim police chief was not meant as a threat and should not have been relayed to City Manager John Szerlag. In a memo to the City Manager, Cape Coral's interim police chief wrote about a conversation he had with Leetz while officers investigated a crime at the councilman's home. Leetz allegedly said, "I am a licensed gun owner and I wont hesitate to use it" and "I know how to provoke people and get away with it."
Leetz suspects the comments made their way to the media as a political move to thwart his efforts to be re-elected.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids