|Published:||Oct 27, 2013 4:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 28, 2013 2:55 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, FL. - A small plane crashed near the Everglades Airpark Sunday afternoon.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office says the small fix wing single engine Piper Cherokee was approaching the airport when it crashed into the water. A passing tour boat spotted the small plane. On board were the pilot, Robert Boyatt and three passengers: Rebecca Boyatt, Jodi Boyatt and Scott Boyatt of Clermont, Florida.
Robert and Rebecca are at Naples Community Hospital.
WINK news spoke to a relative on the phone who said the four had come down for the day to get stone crabs.
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will conduct the accident investigation.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral