|Published:||Oct 27, 2013 10:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2013 10:25 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Six Mile Cypress Parkway is back open after a serious crash between a car and a motorcycle shut down the road at Metro Parkway for hours Sunday morning.
Florida Highway Patrol says 36-year-old Jeromy Boutwell was riding his motorcycle eastbound on Six Mile Cypress when he crashed into the back of a BMW at a red light.
Boutwell was not wearing a helmet and FHP says alcohol played a role in the crash. He was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital in serious condition. Troopers say his female passenger was taken to the hospital in critical condition, and was also not wearing a helmet.
The crash happened just before 5 a.m. Sunday.
No one in the car was hurt. Troopers are still investigating the crash and charges are pending.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care