|Published:||Oct 27, 2013 10:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2013 10:50 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- About 200 runners laced up their sneakers for the Halloween Monster Crazy 8K and 2 Mile Walk to benefit the Bonita Springs Lion's Club Eye Clinic.
This clinic is the only one like it in the entire state of Florida. The mission of the clinic is to restore vision to needy individuals, many of whom are children. There is a waiting list of 100 or more. Surgeons at the clinic even perform surgeries necessary for people to be able to see.
The race took place Sunday morning at Vineyards Community Park in Naples. Some people even dressed up in costumes to get into the spirit of the event.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break