|Published:||Oct 26, 2013 12:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2013 9:23 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, FL. - A Tampa man is in the Lee County Jail after Deputies find drugs and cash in his vehicle.
On Friday at approximately 10:58 pm, detectives with the Lee County Sheriffs Office Highway Interdiction Team conducted a traffic stop on a white Nissan
Rogue at mile marker 122 on I-75 for speeding. During the course of the traffic stop the detective could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle. The
occupants were individually questioned and agreed to search of the vehicle. The investigation led to the discovery of $ 8,433 in cash in the center console.
Upon further investigation detectives observed a panel within the center console that appeared altered. The panel was opened and detectives found 6.1
ounces of MDMA (molly) and a .380 pistol. The subsequent search and investigation led to the arrest of Calvin Toombs of Tampa. Tombs has been charged
with trafficking in MDMA, possession of under 20 grams of marijuana and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The monies seized will be held for a civil seizure and the MDMA taken off of Lee County streets have a value of $3,460.00
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Disabled kids in nursing homes suit consolidated