|Published:||Oct 26, 2013 12:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2013 9:23 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, FL. - A Tampa man is in the Lee County Jail after Deputies find drugs and cash in his vehicle.
On Friday at approximately 10:58 pm, detectives with the Lee County Sheriffs Office Highway Interdiction Team conducted a traffic stop on a white Nissan
Rogue at mile marker 122 on I-75 for speeding. During the course of the traffic stop the detective could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle. The
occupants were individually questioned and agreed to search of the vehicle. The investigation led to the discovery of $ 8,433 in cash in the center console.
Upon further investigation detectives observed a panel within the center console that appeared altered. The panel was opened and detectives found 6.1
ounces of MDMA (molly) and a .380 pistol. The subsequent search and investigation led to the arrest of Calvin Toombs of Tampa. Tombs has been charged
with trafficking in MDMA, possession of under 20 grams of marijuana and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The monies seized will be held for a civil seizure and the MDMA taken off of Lee County streets have a value of $3,460.00
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.