|Published:||Oct 25, 2013 4:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2013 4:35 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Friday at about 2:00 a.m., unknown suspects burglarized Garden Street, located at 3350 Metro Parkway, according to Fort Myers Police.
The perpetrators entered the locked compound and removed a white 53-foot trailer, containing 38 bales of aluminum and two green steel boxes. The green containers are 72 inches wide and 48 inches front to back, weighing 1100 pounds each. The total weight of the load is 45,066 pounds. The stolen trailer had a Florida tag of 5867CG. Additionally, the stolen trailer has 24 X 36 decals with the name “Garden Street Iron & Metal”, approximately 15 feet from the front of the trailer. The trailer has “V531” in black letter across the front, near the top.
Video surveillance from the business depicts a small (possibly tan) sports utility vehicle stop at the front gate. The video further shows someone opening the gate and a red or burgundy Freightliner semi (truck) with white lettering on the door, entering the compound. The small sports utility vehicle followed the Freightliner into the compound. The red/ burgundy Freightliner is used to remove the 53-foot trailer containing aluminum.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Myers Police Department at 239-321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean