|Published:||Oct 25, 2013 11:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2013 1:13 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- The Florida Forest Service is conducting a 2,000-acre prescribed burn today in Picayune Strand State Forest.
The burn will occur on the east side of the forest, in the Golden Gate Estates tract, going from the 55th Avenue to the Merritt Canal.
Due to the burn, there is a potential for smoke on or near I-75 between Everglades Boulevard/Milemarker 92 and SR-29/Milemarker 80.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges