|Published:||Oct 25, 2013 11:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2013 1:13 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- The Florida Forest Service is conducting a 2,000-acre prescribed burn today in Picayune Strand State Forest.
The burn will occur on the east side of the forest, in the Golden Gate Estates tract, going from the 55th Avenue to the Merritt Canal.
Due to the burn, there is a potential for smoke on or near I-75 between Everglades Boulevard/Milemarker 92 and SR-29/Milemarker 80.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba