|Published:||Oct 25, 2013 6:28 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2013 6:44 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fl. - Fitness centers can be a scary place, especially for those not familiar with the weight machines and spin bikes, prompting many not to ever set foot in the gym.
But this weekend, you're invited to a new kind of scare trading in the treadmills and chest press for a cemetary and ghoulish games.
It's Cape Coral's Around the Clock Fitness's 4th Annual Cans for Scares event. Organizers will transform the gym into a haunted house, there will be hay rides, a pumpkin smash, pumpkin bowling and hay rides.
The event is free to the public and open to members and non-members. All you have to do is bring a canned food item or a cash donation to benefit the Children's Newtwork of Southwest Florida.
The event is happening Saturday from 5-9pm.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break