|Published:||Oct 25, 2013 5:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2013 5:23 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - An attorney for a 12-year-old Lakeland girl charged with stalking related to the bullying of a classmate who committed suicide says the sheriff who filed the charges is the bully in the case.
Jose Baez said Friday that Sheriff Grady Judd has been making the media rounds after filing the charge at the expense of his client.
Baez says his client is a child and that he's not going to allow the judicial system to bully her. Baez is best known for representing Casey Anthony during her 2011 murder trial.
Judd told Orlando television station WFTV that the evidence against Baez's client is clear.
The girl and a 14-year-old schoolmate were arrested last week. Judd says they were primarily responsible for bullying Rebecca Sedwick.
Information from: WFTV-TV, http://www.wftv.com/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm