|Published:||Oct 25, 2013 5:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 25, 2013 5:23 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - An attorney for a 12-year-old Lakeland girl charged with stalking related to the bullying of a classmate who committed suicide says the sheriff who filed the charges is the bully in the case.
Jose Baez said Friday that Sheriff Grady Judd has been making the media rounds after filing the charge at the expense of his client.
Baez says his client is a child and that he's not going to allow the judicial system to bully her. Baez is best known for representing Casey Anthony during her 2011 murder trial.
Judd told Orlando television station WFTV that the evidence against Baez's client is clear.
The girl and a 14-year-old schoolmate were arrested last week. Judd says they were primarily responsible for bullying Rebecca Sedwick.
Information from: WFTV-TV, http://www.wftv.com/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013