|Published:||Oct 24, 2013 1:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 24, 2013 1:14 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Mayor Randy Henderson was expected to sit down for his first debate with rival candidate Raimond Aulen today, but Aulen cancelled at the last minute.
Days ago, Aulen had tentatively agreed to appear on Daybreak with Drew Steele on 92.5 Fox News Radio this morning. Aulen was supposed to debate incumbent Fort Myers Mayor Randy Henderson, but yesterday afternoon, Aulen's campaign manager sent an email to the radio station saying the candidate would not be there. No explanation was given.
So, instead Mayor Henderson had a one-on-one chat with host Drew Steele this morning, about his plans for the City of Fort Myers. Mayor Henderson spoke about the revitalized downtown, and how proud he is of the Fort Myers Police Department.
This race has seen some attacks. Aulen's campaign aired a TV spot saying the Mayor used his influence to drive up the value of some land for sale. More recently, a group that supports Henderson sent out a mailer claiming Aulen's bar, The Indigo Room, has had many health code violations.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 5th. For your voting location and other voter information, you can log on to the Lee County Elections Supervisor website.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids