|Published:||Oct 24, 2013 10:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 24, 2013 10:33 PM EDT|
Timothy Alexander, Jr. Facing Charges of Attempted Escape
Timothy Eugene Alexander, Jr. is facing additional charges of Attempted Escape and Criminal Mischief after breaking out the window of a Hendry Count Jail transport vehicle.
On Thursday morning, shortly after midnight Hendry County Inmate, Timothy E. Alexander, Jr. was transported to a nearby hospital after complaining of being in need of medical attention.
After being examined by hospital staff, Alexander's medical needs were attended to, he was discharged and told he would be returning to the Hendry County Jail. Alexander became uncooperative and Hendry Jail personnel requested assistance from Lee County Sheriff’s Office. Lee County Deputies arrived on scene and assisted Hendry County Jail deputy in escorting Alexander back to and safely securing him inside the jail transport vehicle.
The Hendry County Jail personnel requested assistance from Lee County Sheriff’s Office a second time, when Alexander became unruly in the back of the HCSO transport vehicle. Alexander was shouting and began striking and punching the rear side window with his hands and kicking it with his feet eventually breaking the window. Alexander then reached through the broken window attempting to open the door from the outside.
The Hendry County Transport Officer was able to safely stop the vehicle and kept Alexander from escaping.
At approximately 4:00pm, Thursday afternoon, Circuit Judge Donald H. Mason ordered Alexander held in the Hendry County Jail on a no bond.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Man accused of hitting bicyclist & fleeing scene faces judge