|Published:||Oct 22, 2013 11:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 24, 2013 3:55 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police have located the pickup truck involved in Sunday’s fatal hit and run crash, after a tip led investigators to the truck in Cape Coral.
Police identified the pedestrian as 61-year-old Juan Aranda.
On Sunday at 1:41a.m., the Fort Myers Police Department received a call in reference to a hit and run crash involving a pedestrian in the 5100 block of Cleveland Avenue. Upon arrival officers located Aranda lying in the middle of the roadway and Emergency Medical Services pronounced him deceased on the scene.
The investigation remains ongoing. Anyone with information about the crash or about the truck involved is asked to call the Fort Myers Police Department at 239-321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. No further information available at this time. Updates will be issued via email
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme