|Published:||Oct 24, 2013 1:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 24, 2013 1:34 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A 78-year old Collier County man accused of murder is out of jail.
Javier Ortoll posted a $75,000 bond late last night. He is accused of shooting and killing Edward Melone earlier this week in East Naples.
Ortoll was Melone's landlord. The shooting allegedly happened during a fight.
Ortoll's family members and his lawyer said he shot Melone in self defense.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape