|Published:||Oct 23, 2013 8:23 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2013 8:23 AM EDT|
LARGO, Fla. (AP) - A property clerk at the Pinellas County Jail faces multiple charges after sheriff's officials say he took prescription drugs from at least five inmates.
Pinellas County Sheriff's officials say 26-year-old Alexander Lansky resigned from his job. He was arrested on five counts of grand theft and five counts of possession of prescription pills and released from jail late Tuesday.
Officials say they began investigating last week after an inmate bonded out of jail and discovered some of his prescription pills were missing from his bag. Video surveillance showed Lansky taking a bag from the property area, disappearing from camera view, and then returning the bag to its storage location.
During an interview with Lansky, detectives say he admitted to taking about 176 pills from the stored property of five inmates.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- FSU accuser's attorney to hold news conference
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool