|Published:||Oct 22, 2013 7:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2013 4:44 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - An elderly couple was involved in a fatal pedestrian accident around 7:15 Tuesday morning, near the intersection Winker Road and Harbour Club Road.
Florida Highway Patrol has confirmed the victims' identities as Paul and Theresa McGinn.
Troopers said the two walked into the path of a Toyota. There was no indication the driver was speeding, and alcohol was not a factor.
A neighbor, who knows the victims, said they lived in the Bermuda Club neighborhood.
Theresa died at the scene, and Paul died at the Lee Memorial Hospital.
The neighbor said the couple takes early morning walks, and then comes over for breakfast and coffee. When they didn't show up, the neighbor got nervous and went out to the street and saw the commotion.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral