|Published:||Oct 22, 2013 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2013 11:45 AM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- A TSA officer at Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) intercepted a loaded .380 semiautomatic pistol, while screening a carry-on bag, Monday night.
The owner of the bag was identified as a 47-year-old Michael Cacioppo from Port Charlotte traveling to Greenville, NC.
The TSA officer froze operations and notified his supervisor, who in turn summoned the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office (CCSO) to respond.
After arriving on the scene, Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies watched as the TSA supervisor conducted a search of the bag. The pistol was loaded with six rounds. Deputies advised the passenger that he was being charged with carrying a weapon into the secure area of the airport. CCSO now has possession of the firearm.
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash