|Published:||Oct 22, 2013 12:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2013 12:37 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A judge set bond today for a Fort Myers woman who allegedly kidnapped her daughter during a supervised visit, and took off toward Georgia.
Christine Riemer is being held on family offense charges for interfering with the custody of a minor.
Riemer is facing $200,000 bond, despite her argument that she's not a flight risk, or a danger to the community. The 46-year-old was booked in to the Lee County jail Monday, after spending more than two weeks in a North Florida jail. She's accused of kidnapping her 7-year-old daughter Crystal on October 8th, while the two were meeting at Lutheran Services.
Riemer was arrested later that night, just south of the Georgia border. This morning, the judge read off pending charges against Riemer. She argued the charges read were not accurate. She asked for a more managable bond, and explained she has responsibilites to attend to at home.
"Your Honor, I have some property, worst case scenario, I have property I have to take care of. There's a service dog involved, there's a cat, and my daughter's property. I'm not a flight risk. I have made it to court every time I have court," said Riemer.
That property Riemer's referring to is a house on Kurtz Street. It had been condemned and found without running water. When police raided the home, they say it smelled of feline urine and dog feces, with bags of garbage in the kitchen area. Her daughter, Crystal, was found unclothed and eating catfood spread throughout the home. Crystal is now back with her foster parents while Christine remains in jail on $200,000 bond.
The judge did revoke bond for other pending charges. Riemer's due back in court for her arraignment on November 25th.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico