|Published:||Oct 22, 2013 12:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2013 5:54 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Edison State College Board of Trustees just unanimously adopted the policy to deny admission to sex offenders, sex predators and convicted felons, who crimes include kidnapping, rape and dealing drugs.
Florida laws allow Edison College to consider the past actions of anyone applying for admission.
Edison said earlier that if the policy is adopted, they will treat it as a case by case basis, with an appeal process for special circumstances.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776