|Published:||Oct 22, 2013 8:07 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2013 9:59 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, FL - A woman, whose identitiy we are not revealing because she is an alleged victim, says she was sexually abused by a male nursing assisstant at Park Royal hospital. Benjamin Bland was a nursing assistant at the hospital for only a few months, but more than 5 women have come forward saying that he abused them while they were patients at the mental facility.
This latest woman is joining a civil lawsuit against the hospital and says she is ready to tell her story so other women, "will not have to hurt."
Benjamin Bland is currently in a Lee county jail facing multiple charges of having sex with a mental patient.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses