|Published:||Oct 22, 2013 11:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2013 11:50 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.- The Coast Guard seized approximately $23 million worth of cocaine Tuesday, after they returned from a 40-day patrol.
The 700 kilograms of cocaine were seized in support of "Operation Caribbean Guard."
On Oct. 11, the Coast Guard received a report of a suspicious 35-foot vessel, south of the Dominican Republic. The Coast Guard crew then recovered 28 bales of cocaine from the boat.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash