|Published:||Oct 22, 2013 3:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2013 3:02 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - St. Petersburg police have arrested a 13-year-old boy accused of showing a handgun at a school bus stop.
Officials say he showed the weapon off to other kids who were waiting to be taken to Azalea Middle School on Monday. The boy attends the school as well.
One of the kids at the bus stop told a parent, who called school officials, who called police.
Police say that on Tuesday morning, officers went to the boy's home. His mother gave them permission to search the boy's room, where they recovered the .380-caliber handgun. The boy told investigators another juvenile gave him the gun. He faces a felony charge of possessing a weapon on school property.
The Associated Press is not naming the boy because he is a minor.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- Adopting a shelter pet this holiday season