|Published:||Oct 21, 2013 6:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2013 7:27 AM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fl. - Don't stop believing. It's a song, a saying and now the theme for a Southwest Florida vocal group getting ready for the opportunity of a lifetime. But they need your help to get there.
CHARISMA is an elite vocal group from Charlotte High School and this coming March, they are trying to go to New York City to sing at Carnegie Hall for a performance they were invited to.
They are asking the community to rally around them and help them get there. This Saturday, the 26th they are holding a golf fundraiser at Kingsway Country Club. Registration starts at 7:30am and the shotgun start is at 8:30am.
The entry fee is $65 per golfer and $260 per foursome. The tournament includes green fees, carts, gift bags, lunch and prizes.
But if you're not a golfer, you can still get involved by sponsoring a hole for $50.
For registrtion information, contact Dan Mearns at 941-893-9692 or Jacques Cushman at 941-979-7841.
If you would like to make a donation to the group, you can mail a check to Charlotte High School at 1250 Cooper Street, Punta Gorda FL, 33950 and write 'CHARISMA' on the main line.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges