|Published:||Oct 21, 2013 1:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2013 1:39 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating an incident involving gunfire, that happened near the 8400 block of Grove Rd. Friday night.
When they arrived on the scene, they met with an 18-year-old victim, who said he was travelling northbound on Oriole Rd. at 10:00 p.m. when a black Ford F150, driving in the opposite direction, flashed his high beam headlights at him. Thinking it was a friend, the victim said he stopped his vehicle. A man allegedly got out of the vehicle and began shooting at him. The victim then drove off. He later noticed a bullet hole in his tailgate and called deputies.
LCSO recovered one shell casing from Oriole Rd. near Coral Dr.
One neighbor reported hearing five to six shots. Another reported seeing a black Chevy truck with people in the bed.
If you have any information, you are asked to call SWFL Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys