|Published:||Oct 21, 2013 4:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2013 5:54 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A team of experts will meet with citizens and business leaders to gather ideas for the Research and Enterprise Diamond in Lee County. The meeting begins Monday night at 6:30.
The meeting, open to the public, will be held at the Airport training and conference center, 15924 Air Cargo Lane, Fort Myers.
The group is putting together ways to attract more businesses and possibly new residential communities to the area of Lee, south of Daniels Parkway to Miromar Outlets, and mostly east of I-75. The proximity of the international airport and FGCU should make the area, attractive to business.
Lee has been trying to promote the area for many years, with mixed results. Retail stores and hotels have come to the area, but not that many new businesses with high-paying jobs. The ideas gathered Monday night will be put into a plan of action, in another meeting on Wednesday evening. Then, it will be up to Lee co. leaders to implement the ideas and visions in the plan.
One expert, Colie Hough-Beck of Seattle, says Amazon Company built a campus in her neighborhood, and it has become very attractive to move there because there is dining, entertainment, and the arts, all on the one 'campus.' She believes the Research Diamond here could enjoy the same kind of success.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm