|Published:||Oct 21, 2013 10:58 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2013 3:18 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The man accused of the worst mass murder in Collier County history is in court again today for a case management hearing.
At the last court hearing for Mesac Damas, both State Attorneys and his defense said the trial should start some time during the first half of 2014.
Damas is the man accused of killing his wife and five children in 2009, and then fleeing to Haiti before being returned to Collier County.
A jail deputy said he refused to comply with any instruction this morning, so he was restrained for transport to the hearing. In addition, the jail deputy said he went on a self-imposed hunger strike. Because of this, Damas was taken to the hospital and released back to jail care. Damas' attorney confirmed he was in the hospital last week. Damas has been unresponsive with his attorney today as well.
Watch WINK News at noon.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico