|Published:||Oct 21, 2013 11:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2013 11:29 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Horton Boat Ramp will be closed from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 26 for the "Swim for the Kids 2013" event. The 1.25-mile swim begins at 9:00 a.m. on the Fort Myers side of the Midpoint Bridge and ends at Horton Park.
The swim event is organized by George Williamson, a lower-leg amputee, who is raising awareness about the need for mentors and funds for at-risk children in our community. Twenty swimmers will be swimming across the Caloosahatchee River.
Boaters are encouraged to use the Rosen Park Boat Ramp during this time period.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme